Nissan Skyline R32 air conditioner actuator removal and installation
(1) Intake door actuator
Remove and install: Glove box, glove box cover (Parts not shown)
• Remove harness and securing bolts (two), and remove intake door actuator.
Remove actuator in REC state.
• Connect intake door actuator connector to vehicle harness.
• Set ignition switch to ACC, and set push control REC switch to ON. (Actuator is set in REC state.)
• Install intake door actuator while fixing actuator link in inside air position.
• Operate REC switch to see if actuator link is movable over full stroke range.
(2) Air mix door actuator
Remove and install: Automatic transmission finisher, cluster lid C, audio unit, heater nozzle (left)
• Remove connector and securing bolts (three), and remove rod from rod holder.
• Connect air mix door actuator connector to vehicle-side harness.
• Set ignition switch to ON, and activate self-diagnostic mode step 4, then set full cold status (display value 41, 42, or 43). After this, turn OFF ignition switch.
• Install air mix door actuator.
• Fix air mix door actuator to rod holder while pressing door link toward full cold (driver seat).
• Activate step 4 of self-diagnostic mode. Make sure that air mix door moves over full stroke range when display value is changed from 43 to 44 or from 47 to 41.
(3) Mode door actuator removal and installation
Remove and install: Instrument panel lower cover
• Remove connector and securing bolts (three), and remove rod by rotating rod holder with standard screwdriver.
Remove rod holder in DEF state.
• Connect mode door actuator connector to vehicle-side harness.
• Set ignition switch to ACC, and set push control DEF switch to ON. (Actuator is set in DEF state.)
• Install mode door actuator.
• Fix side link to rod holder while holding side link in DEF mode position (by rotating counterclockwise until it stops).
• Operate mode switch and make sure that side link is capable of moving over full stroke range.