Nissan Skyline R32 oil cooler, oil filter removal and installation
Oil filter wrench KV101 062S0
Additional work required:
• Drain and refill cooling water.
Loosen engine drain plug to remove cooling water from cylinder block.
(If water is only drained from the radiator drain cock, the cylinder block will not drain completely.)
• Disconnect and connect switch harness connectors.
[Point 1] Nissan Skyline R32 oil filter removal and installation
1. Remove oil level gauge.
2. Remove turbocharged pressure control vacuum hose clamp and move vacuum hose out of the way.
3. Move main harness clamp out of the way.
4. Remove oil filter using oil filter wrench.
• Before installing new oil filter, wipe off dust, etc. from oil filter mounting bracket surface. Apply a thin coat of engine oil to oil filter O-ring.
• Screw oil filter on bracket by hand until a slight resistance is felt, then tighten an additional 2/3 turn with oil filter wrench. After tightening, start engine and check for oil leaks.
• Face lower part of oil filter down and move out in direction of arrow in figure on left. Remove through aperture behind manifold collector.