Nissan Skyline R32 cylinder head ASSY - removal and installation
Additional work required:
• Drain and refill: Cooling water [Point 1]
• Remove and install:
Turbocharger, exhaust manifold
• Installation: Check No. 1 cylinder compression T.D.C. position [Point 3]
[Point 1] Nissan Skyline R32 cooling water drain and refill
• Remove water completely from cylinder block drain plug.
Do not allow water to enter exhaust front tube.
• Refer to "Cooling Water Filling Procedures" for details.
[Point 2] Nissan Skyline R32 cylinder head bolts removal and installation
• Remove bolts in reverse sequence of figure on left. Installation
• Remove bolts in sequence shown in figure on left.
• The cylinder head bolts (M12 x 1.5) are torqued by a two-step method in which bolts are tightened two times.
(1) Tighten to 29 N-m (3 kg-m, 22 ft-lb).
(2) Tighten to 108 N-m (11 kg-m, 80 ft-lb).
(3) Loosen bolts completely 0 N-m (0 kg-m, 0 ft-lb).
(4) Tighten to 29 N-m (3 kg-m, 22 ft-lb).
(5) Turn bolts 85 to 90 degrees clockwise when angle wrench is used. Tighten bolts to 103 to 113 N-m (10.5 to 11.5 kg-m, 76 to 83 ft-lb) when torque wrench is used.
When angle wrench is not used, never attempt to approximate the tightening angle visually.
• When gasket is installed, be careful not to hit or scratch gasket seat and bore grommet.
• When gasket is installed, clean cylinder head lower surface and cylinder block upper surface and remove all water, oil and foreign matter. Use compressed air to blow out the bore holes.
[Point 3] Nissan Skyline R32 no. 1 cylinder compression T.D.C. verification
Before installing cylinder head ASSY on cylinder block, the crank pulley and cam pulley must be positioned at the No, 1 cylinder compression T.D.C. point.
• The crank pulley timing mark and timing belt cover timing indicator (0°) must be aligned.
• Intake and exhaust cam pulley alignment marks must be positioned with their respective belt cover alignment marks.