Nissan Skyline GT-R32 exhaust manifold ASSY removal and installation
Additional work required:
• Turbocharger removal and installation
• Gas leak inspection [Point 1]
[Point 1] Nissan Skyline GT-R32 gas leak inspection
• After removing exhaust manifold, make sure there are no traces of gas leaks from any part of installation.
• After installation, crank engine and check for gas leaks.
[Point 2] Nissan Skyline GT-R32 exhaust manifold nuts removal and installation
• Removal is the reverse of installation sequence shown in figure.
• The installation sequence is shown in the figure.
Tightening torque: 18 - 24 N-m (1.8 - 2.4 kg-m, 13 - 17 ft-lb)
[Point 3] Nissan Skyline GT-R32 exhaust manifold inspection
• Measure the intake manifold surface for distortions in six separate directions (opposite directions; up, down, right, left, horizontally and vertically) in a number of locations.
Limit: 0.3 mm (0.012 in)
• Check that no oil, dirt or foreign matter adheres to cylinder head, exhaust manifold installation surface and gasket.
[Point 4] Nissan Skyline GT-R32 exhaust manifold cover installation
• Attach the exhaust manifold cover bolts in the following sequence (in both front and rear).
(1) Temporarily tighten bolts for positioning hole indicated by (A).
(2) Tighten bolts in the other two locations (B).
(3) Tighten bolts in holes (A) to specified tightening torque.
Tightening torque: 3.7 - 5.0 N-m (0.38 - 0.51 kg-m, 2.7 - 3.7 ft-lb)