Nissan Skyline R32 turbocharger function inspection
• Remove the intake manifold canister hose of Nissan Skyline, and place a cap on the hose. Connect test hose to intake manifold and attach pressure gauge (compound gauge).
• When engine operation test is performed, check that pressure does not rise above approximately 78 to 88 kPa (0.8 to 0.9 kg/cm2, 11 to 13 psi).
a. When the pressure does not reach specified level:
• Check for vacuum leak in intake or exhaust system or exhaust gas leak.
b. When the pressure exceeds the maximum pressure level (approx. 78 to 88 kPa (0.8 to 0.9 kg/cm2, 11 to 13 psi):
• Check if swing valve controller rubber hose is disconnected or cut.
• Check if swing valve controller motion malfunctions (stays closed).
Nissan Skyline R32 swing valve controller inspection
• Remove the swing valve controller rubber hose from the vacuum tube side.
• When compressed air [approx. 69 to 78 kPa (0.7 to 0.8 kg/cm2, 10 to 11 psi)] is forced into the hose by an air gun, the control rod must start operation. Stop blowing compressed air into the hose as soon as control rod operation is verified.
The diaphragm may be damaged if excessive air pressure is applied. Use the LPG pressure gauge (special service tool for [98 kPa (1 kg/cm2, 14 psi)]) to verify that the air gun pressure is approx. 78 to 88 kPa (0.8 to 0.9 kg/cm2, 11 to 13 psi) before testing the air hose.